Taking Collagen supplements is a safe and effective way to improve the health of skin, joints, hair, and nails. But, as with any supplement, one must be concerned about the effectiveness of that supplement or how long will it take to see visible changes after taking the collagen supplement.
In simple words, the time it takes for collagen peptides to work on improve skin, joints, & hair can vary depending upon extrinsically (environmental factors) and intrinsically (genes):
- Exposure to sun and pollutants
- Dietary Habits
- Smoking or Alcohol consumption
- Lack of sleep and hydration
- Poor Skincare habits
- Rate of collagen breaks down in body
- Skin ability to maintain moisture
- Speed of skin cell regeneration
- How fast your skin recovers from skin damage
Above are the factors that can tell how long it will take collagen peptides to work on your body. But the good news is, the list of factors you can control is longer than those you cannot.
Let’s discuss in details about the effectiveness of collagen supplements on skin and joints
Collagen Supplements for skin
Most of the skin texture is made up of collagen, a primary component of connective tissue, and helps keep your skin looking young. Supplementing your skin with collagen daily can
- Keep your skin firm and tight
- Provides elasticity that prevents fine lines and wrinkles
- Slow the process of Skin ageing
- Repair daily Skin damage due to extrinsically factors
- Lend natural glow on skin 24*7
Collagen supplements For Joint health
Collagen plays an important role in the building of joint cartilage and it may have anti-inflammatory effects. It is primarily found in joints, which are areas of the body more prone to wear and tear. Taking collagen can be great for joint health in many ways like:
- Provide smoother functioning of joints
- Strengthen bones and joints
- Alleviate pain due to arthritis, osteoarthritis or other joint disorders
- Countering morning joints stiffness and pain in night
- Provides support for the growth and repair of cartilage tissue
How often to take a collagen supplement
Collagen supplements rapidly absorbed into your bloodstream. Your body will begin using them to rebuild collagen within an hour. But it will take a little longer before you can see and feel results.
Adding just 10gm-12gm of Collagen peptide in your daily diet along with eating a healthy diet can prove to be a major step towards an active lifestyle.
Ultimately, the time it takes for you to see the benefits of collagen on your skin, joint, hair varies with each individual.