Bingeing on the healthy desserts after a good meal is not less than a blessing. These Collagen Desserts are not just delicious but they can also provide health and beauty benefits. Thanks to the star ingredient “Collagen”!
Collagen is the protein present in our body since birth. With age, the production of this protein decreases which can cause health problems like early signs of ageing, stiff or painful joints, weak hair, and nails. So, it is important to take collagen as supplement in your daily life so you don’t have to suffer from such problems.
So, Collagen basically helps you to live an active lifestyle by supporting Skin, Joints, Hair & nail health. Adding it to your desserts and recipes make them super healthy. These 3 desserts infused with collagen can sweeten your day just like that!
- Collagen pineapple Cake
- Collagen Berry Blast Donut
- Collagen Orange Pudding
Collagen Pineapple Cake
- 2 cups pineapple chopped
- Unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 scoop of Hydrolyzed marine collagen (pineapple flavor)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large whole eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Butter the round cake pan
- Melt the butter in frying pan (large) over low heat. Add cubes of pineapple and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Take a small bowl, Mix flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Put 3 large scoops of Pineapple flavored collagen
- Beat the whole eggs and egg yolks until blended in the large bowl
- Add the melted butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Stir in flour and pineapple.
- Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake until cake is browned 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Let it cool.
- Before serving, dust with confectioners sugar
Collagen Berry Blast Donut
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cups frozen blueberries (the smaller the better)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Canola oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons blueberry jam
- In a large bowl, Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together. Stir in the blueberries until they’re well coated in the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add 3 scoops of Berry Flavored Collagen in milk, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk the ingredients into the flour mixture until a sticky blue dough forms.
- Press dough into a circle about ½-inch thick on a heavily floured surface. Use a donut cutter or two round (one big, one small) cookie cutters to cut out donut shapes, dipping the cutters into flour as necessary to prevent sticking to the dough.
- Fill a deep fryer with oil for frying. Put the donuts to hot coil and fry for 15-30 seconds on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer the fried donuts to a wire rack that’s set over a rimmed cookie sheet or paper towels to get rid off extra oil.
- Now, it’s time for the glaze, simply whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and blueberry jam until smooth and thin enough to dip the donuts in. Add additional milk if the glaze is too thick or powdered sugar if it seems too thin.
- Dip your hot donuts into the glaze and enjoy them hot.
Collagen Orange Pudding
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) cornstarch
- Hydolysed marine collagen (Orange)
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted or salted butter, cubed
- In a saucepan, off the heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and zest. Whisk in the juice. Bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until foamy, about 2 minutes. Add 3 scoops of Orange flavored collagen.
- Pour the hot orange juice mixture in a stream over the eggs, whisking constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and continue whipping until the mixture is at room temperature.
- Spoon into four collagen desserts dishes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.